Is Wyoming on your USA Bucket list? With beautiful landscapes and diverse wildlife, including Yellowstone National Park, this page includes Wyoming travel guides, tips, and Itineraries.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links where I may earn a small commission at NO additional cost to you if you decide to click a link and make a purchase.
Wyoming Travel Itineraries
- Yellowstone Must-See AttractionsPlanning a visit to Yellowstone National Park? Here is your list of the must-see attractions in Yellowstone National Park!
- Perfect Yellowstone 2 Day ItineraryVisiting Yellowstone National Park, but not sure what to see? This itinerary will share the best things to do in Yellowstone in 2 days!
Wyoming Major Airports
- Jackson Hole Airport JAC
- Casper–Natrona County International Airport CPR
- Yellowstone Regional Airport COD
- Gillette–Campbell County Airport GCC
Wyoming Travel Tips
Did you know Wyoming is the least populated state? Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Nebraska, Utah, and South Dakota all border Wyoming.
Wyoming is a great state to take a road trip through. Some of the most popular places to visit in Wyoming include Grand Tetons, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, Hot Springs State Park, National Elk Refuge, and Devil’s Tower.
Popular activities in Wyoming also include hiking, canoeing, stargazing, wildlife spotting, scenic drives, rodeos and just overall adventure!
If you love wildlife spotting like me, some wildlife you can see in Wyoming include bison (American buffalo), mountain lions, wolves, grizzly bears, black bears, elk, moose, deer, pronghorn antelope, and wild horses.
Best Time to Travel to Wyoming
Late Spring and Fall would be the best time to visit while still avoiding crowds before the winter sets in.
Summer months (June- August) will be the busiest time in Wyoming, especially at the National Parks.
While the winter is cold and unpredictable in Wyoming, there are quite a few ski resorts. If you love winter sports, you might want to consider a Wyoming winter trip.
Additionally, you can experience Wyoming wildlife in the winter, especially wolves. Yellowstone National Park specifically has tours for this.
Looking for more travel Destinations and inspiration?